< Back To Local Rules
Rule *500. Deputy Constables.
(a) The approval by the Court of the appointment of a deputy constable
will be considered only upon petition by the constable making the
appointment, which petition shall set forth the following facts in
(1) name and address of the petitioner;
(2) the name of the municipality in which petitioner was elected;
(3) the date of commencement and expiration of the term of office of the petitioner;
(4) the name and full address of the surety of petitioner and an
averment that the surety had notice of the petition, to be evidenced
by attaching to the petition an affidavit of service of notice of
the intention to apply to the Court for approval of the appointment;
(5) the name, precise residence, election district, age, occupation,
reputation and habits of sobriety of the person to be appointed deputy
(6) a full statement of the necessity, facts and reasons for making
(7) said petition shall conclude with a prayer for approval by the
Court, in the usual form and shall be sworn to by the petitioner.
Attached to the petition shall be an appointment order for the action
of the Court.
(b) Attached to the petition shall be an affidavit by the proposed
deputy setting forth that he accepts the appointment, whether or
not he has ever been convicted of any crime, and, if so specify the
full particulars thereof.
(c) At least ten (10) days prior to presentation of the petition, a
copy of said petition together with notice of intended presentation
shall be given to the District Attorney by certified mail, return receipt
requested, which notice shall set forth the date of intended presentation.
An affidavit of service of said notice shall be attached to the petition.