Board of Elections
Main - Campaign Finance - Campaign Dates - Election Officials - Important Dates - Voter Counts - Polling Places - Voter Hall of Fame - Youth at the Booth
The Board of Elections:
Honorable Wallace H. Bateman, Jr.; Honorable Gary B. Gilman; and
Honorable James M. McMaster
The Board of Elections will convene in the 6th Floor Conference Room, Justice Center on Tuesday, November 10, at 9:00 A.M. for the purpose of verifying the validity of individuals who have cast provisional ballots in the Municipal Election of November 3, 2015, and to canvass said provisional ballots.
The Board of Elections Office:
- Prepares and furnishes all material used at elections
- Receives petitions for placement of candidates on the primary ballot
- Registers new voters
- Maintains voter registration files, including name, address and political party changes
- Processes and mails absentee ballots
- Instructs election officials
- Prepares and delivers all voting machines in 304 voting districts
- Receives the returns of all primaries and elections from each precinct; canvasses, computes and certifies results
- Responds to daily questions and requests over the counter and via telephone.
Be a Protector of Democracy!
Do you need to know where your polling place is located. Click here, and enter your address.
Not sure if you are registered, or do you need to modify your registration: Click here to login to PAPowerPort, or to create an account. Once you are logged on, you will be able to check your voter registration status and change it if necessary. You can also use the PA Polling Place Locator.
Register to Vote!
Where to Register:
Online or at the Registration Office in the Bucks County Courthouse, Doylestown, or pick up a Voter Registration Application at any Post Office, Wine & Spirit Shoppe, Municipal Building or Library, or download a Voter Registration Application below. In addition, the Department of Transportation provides for voter registration with their driver's license application, renewal or change of name or address.
To register, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election;
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and of your election district for at least 30 days before the next election; and
- Be eighteen (18) years of age on the day of the next election.
Online Voter Registration
You can register to vote through the Pennsylvania Department of State’s online application. Before you begin, be sure to have your Pennsylvania driver’s license or PennDOT ID card handy. If you don’t have one, there are other options. Once you submit your online application, it will be forwarded to the county voter registration office for processing.
Download a Voter Registration Application
The Voter Registration Application may be typed on-screen, printed, signed, and must be mailed or hand-delivered to the Board of Elections. The county must have a signed original form in its files. Faxed copies are not permitted by law (there are exceptions for military voters and overseas civilian voters - please contact our office or visit http://www.fvap.gov/ for further information).
Absentee Ballot Application
The Absentee Ballot Application may be typed on-screen, printed, signed, and must be mailed or hand-delivered to the Board of Elections. The county must have a signed original form in its files. Faxed copies are not permitted by law (there are exceptions for military voters and overseas civilian voters - please contact our office or visit http://www.fvap.gov/ for further information).
Bucks County Board of Elections
55 E. Court St.
Doylestown, PA 18901
Board of Elections - 215-348-6154
For more information on voting go to VotesPA, a service of the PA Department of State.