Main - Legal Residence Dates of Service - Burial Allowance - Headstone - Widow's Burial Allowance - Flag and Grave Markers - Veterans Emergency Assistance - Veterans Van Schedule - Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption Program - Veterans Discount Card Program
Veterans Emergency Assistance
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides temporary emergency funds for the necessities of life to assist honorable discharged Pennsylvania veterans of any war or armed conflict, or the widow and infant children or dependents of such veterans as are sick or disabled and who are without means.
The maximum period for granting emergency assistance is three months. Assistance is authorized for food, dairy, shelter, fuel and clothing. Applications may be made through the County Department of Veteran Affairs.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Veterans must be unemployed and in need.
- An honorably discharged veteran must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States during the established war-service dates or during peacetime hostile fire or terrorist attack as determined by the Department of Military Affairs
- Veteran must be a resident of Pennsylvania at time of application.
- Veteran must have been employed immediately prior to emergency or have a recent loss of income within the past 180 days prior to date of application.
- Upon recent death of the veteran, widows and orphaned children are eligible, provided veteran would have been qualified prior to death.
- Applicant must not be receiving financial aid from public assistance.
Neshaminy Manor Center
1260 Almshouse Rd.
Doylestown, PA 18901
Dan Fraley-Director (215) 345-3307
Betty Carleo-Veteran's Aide (215) 345-3885
Bucks County Government Services Center
7321 New Falls Rd.
Levittown, PA 19055
Karen Mayer-Veteran's Assistant (267) 580-3560
Quakertown Government Services Center
261 California Road
Quakertown, PA 18951
Wednesday's Only--9 a.m. to Noon.
Betty Carleo-Veteran's Aide (215) 529-7284