Bucks County Public Safety / Police Training Center
The Bucks County Public Safety Training Center, located in Doylestown, focuses on improving the safety of Bucks County. The training center provides approximately 90 courses of instruction a year for the law enforcement community in and around Bucks County.
The Police Training Center also administers the Bucks County Consortium, a collaborative hiring process employed by most of Bucks County's police departments. Any persons desiring to participate in the next testing should contact the training center.
Various other public safety/training aspects are:
- Meets the state Mandatory In-Service training requirements established by the Municipal Police Officers Training Commission.
- Provides instruction to over 2500 registered students which translates to over 40,000 training contact hours.
- Oversees grants from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation; the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission; and the Department of Justice.
- Works in conjunction with Temple University in the Basic Police Academy Program (Act 120).
- Works in conjunction with Bucks County Community College training, educating and now offering certain degrees.
- County’s DUI Enforcement Program.
- Bucks County Highway Safety Program.
- Bucks County Heroes Scholarship Fund.
Bucks County Public Safety Committee
Bucks County Chiefs of Police Consortium Test Results: Fall 2012
Bucks County Police Training Center Winter/Early Spring 2013 Course Listings (Document viewable only to sworn law enforcement personnel)
Click here for Police Training Registration Form
Please send completed forms to PoliceTraining@co.bucks.pa.us.
For more information on any classes or programs offered by the Bucks County Public Safety/Police Training Center call 215-340-8410.
Bucks County Public Safety/Police Training Center
Harry McCann, Director
1760 S. Easton Rd
Doylestown, PA 18901