Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
the Bucks County District Attorney
Victim Witness Unit
For offenders in a county or state prison:
- You can use the PA SAVIN (Pennsylvania’s Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification) system. This system gives victims and concerned citizens the ability to find out if an offender is currently in prison and to register for immediate notification of an inmate’s release, transfer or escape from most county and state prisons in Pennsylvania.
- The offender will not know that you are registered. This service is free and confidential.
- To register by phone: Call 1-866-972-7284 from a touch tone phone and follow the directions. For TTY Users: Please call 1-866-847-1298. A TTY operator will assist you in registering to receive updates about a specific offender.
- You may register a phone number (or multiple phone numbers) and a PIN code or you may register an e-mail address on the internet.
- If you do not answer the phone, the service will leave a message on an answering machine and will keep calling periodically until you enter the PIN code that you choose when you register. Once you enter your PIN code, the service will stop calling you.
For offenders in a state prison:
- You can use the PA Department of Corrections inmate locator to find out if an offender is currently in a state prison at www.cor.state.pa.us. At this same website, you can get information about all of the PA state correctional institutions.
- Victims can register to be notified and to have input when an offender is being considered for pre-release or parole. If you wish to enroll for notice, please contact the Office of the Victim Advocate at 1-800-322-4472 or www.ova.state.pa.us .
- You may also contact the Victim/Witness Unit in the District Attorney’s Office, to receive an O.V.A. registration brochure, at (215) 348-6292 or (215) 348-6305.
Victim Witness Unit - Criminal Justice System - Victims' Bill of Rights - Restitution - Victims' Compensation Assistance - Community-based Agencies - Release Notification - Frequently Asked Questions
the District Attorney
Bucks County Courthouse
55 East Court Street
Doylestown, PA 18901