Location for the Sheriff sales has been changed. Beginning August 12th, 2016 Sheriff sales will be held in the Bucks County Administration Building, Community Room, 1st Floor, 55 East Court Street, Doylestown, PA. 18901 (not at the James Lorah Auditorium) until further notice.
Main - Civil Process - Important Information - Weapons Permits
History - Kids Page - Sheriff Real Estate Sales Listings - Warrants
Edward J. Donnelly
Bucks County Sheriff
Message from the Sheriff...
As Sheriff of Bucks County, I am proud of the rich history, tradition of "honor and service" and the total commitment to the public that the Sheriff's Office believes in.
From serving civil process to handling prisoners going through the court system, the Bucks County Sheriff's Office provides an array of essential services to our community.
I know that Bucks County citizens expect the best and I will continue that high caliber of service while developing new programs to effectively enforce the laws of the commonwealth.
Please take a minute to browse our pages, in which you will find many facets of the Sheriff's Office. - Edward J. Donnelly, Sheriff
2016 Citizens' Academy Application Now Accepting Applications!
For more information, see "Bucks County Sheriff's Office Seeking Applicants for Second Citizens Academy"
Mission of the Bucks County Sheriff's Office
- To protect and serve the Citizens of Bucks County in the areas of Law Enforcement and Public Safety as prescribed by the Constitution of this Commonwealth of Pennsylvania which created the Office of Sheriff as the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of said County for these purposes.
- To quell civil unrest as provided by the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to the Office of the Sheriff.
- To provide services and to provide assistance to all Municipalities throughout Bucks County and surrounding counties as requested.
- To participate in the Bucks County Major Incident Response Team (M.I.R.T)
- To serve Bench Warrants, Protection from Abuse Orders, and Civil Papers throughout Bucks County.
- To transport detainees safely and efficiently from their respective institutions to the Courthouse and respective Courtrooms.
- To provide the equipment, education and training to its Deputies so that they can perform their duties efficiently and safely.
- To organize and conduct Sheriff’s Sales in the Courthouse.
- To provide Concealed Weapons Permits to qualified citizens of Bucks County.
- To provide services as requested by the President Judge of Bucks County.
- To provide special services as requested by the Commissioners of Bucks County.
- To provide a Safe and Secure Work Environment for the Judges and Courthouse Personnel while in performance of their duties and to provide a Safe and Secure Environment for every person who enters the Courthouse.
- To carry out the Fiduciary Duties and Obligations prescribed by law with Honesty and Integrity, without bias, regardless of race, color, sex, religious creed, sexual orientation, age, origin, ancestry, economic status, handicap, or disability, so that the citizens of Bucks County may be best served.