Home   |   About Bucks   |   Site Map     Twitter Facebook

Heroin Use Prevention Group

Frequently Asked Questions About Drug and Alcohol Use

How do I know if a friend or family member has a problem?

  • There are a variety of physical, behavioral, and psychological signs that a friend or family member can develop.  For information on these signs, we recommend sites such as the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (http://ncadd.org/learn-about-drugs/signs-and-symptoms) or The Partnership (http://www.drugfree.org/drug-guide/heroin/).
  • If you suspect there may be a problem with a friend or family member, don’t wait to see if things get better, or until things get worse.  The sooner you act, the easier it will be to address the problem.  

How do I access treatment and support for myself or a friend or family member?

  • The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania’s Alcohol & Other Drug Information and Recovery Support Line can provide resources and referrals for individuals and families.  Call 1-800-221-6333 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or email helpline@councilsepa.org
  • With private insurance or Medicaid, the insurance plan’s member services line is a good place to seek information on treatment options.
  • People without insurance can still access formal treatment by applying to the county for funding.  This process begins with an assessment at one of the county contracted assessment providers.  See the Drug and Alcohol Commission page for more information. 
  • If you have a concern about your child, you may also contact your school’s Student Assistance Program (SAP) Team to ask for support.

What types of treatment are available?

  • There are a variety of treatment options, including community recovery support, outpatient, intensive outpatient, and inpatient. 
  • Treatment options can be tailored to meet unique personal needs, like employment and childcare. 

Where can I take back drugs?

Where can I submit anonymous tips?

  • Call 215-345-DRUG (3784)
  • Text the word BUCKSDRUGTIPS and the tip to TIP411 (847411), OR
  • Email drugtips@buckscounty.org

How can I learn more about addiction?

  • The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania’s Overdose Prevention and Education Advisory Board offers presentations that provide information using toolkits specific to each audience’s needs
  • To arrange a presentation, contact David Fialko at Dfialko@councilsepa.org or 215-230-8218 x3162 to schedule a training.  

Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc.
Diane W. Rosati, Executive Director
600 Louis Drive, Suite 102A 
Warminster, PA 18974 
Phone: 215-773-9313, Ext 2703
Fax: 215-956-9939 Email: dwrosati@buckscounty.org

The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc.,
Beverly Haberle, Executive Director
Bailiwick Office Complex, Unit 12 and 33
252 W. Swamp Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: 215-345-6644 or 1-800-221-6333
Web: www.councilsepa.org.