Home   |   About Bucks   |   Site Map     Twitter Facebook


Bucks County Domestic Relations Section

Frequently Asked Questions

What services does Domestic Relations provide?

Domestic Relations establishes and enforces court orders for child support, spousal support, and alimony pendente lite (APL).  Domestic Relations also establishes paternity for children on support cases who were born out of wedlock.   Domestic Relations does not address custody or protection from abuse orders.  Contact the Prothonotary Office at 215-348-6822 for assistance with custody or protection from abuse.

Do I have to come to Domestic Relations in person to file for support?

You can file online at www.childsupport.state.pa.us or file through the mail.  Learn more about Filing for Support

What information do I need to provide before my support conference?

Here is a list of the Conference Documents that are needed for your conference.  Learn more about the Support Conference.

How do I submit documents prior to my upcoming support conference?

Learn how to submit your documents for your upcoming Support Conference.

 What is the difference between a conference and a hearing?

Conferences are held with officers and if an agreement is reached, an order is entered.  If no agreement is reached, the matter is scheduled for a hearing in front of a Judge who will enter an order.

Do I have to appear in person for my conference?

Your Order to Appear will indicate whether your conference is by telephone or in person.

Do I have to appear in person for my hearing?

Your Order to Appear will indicate whether your hearing is by telephone or in person.

How do I scan and send requested documents to Domestic Relations?

Learn how to Scan Documents with your iPhone / iPad or how to Scan Documents with Google Drive.

Can I pay my child support at the Domestic Relations Office?

Payments that are ordered at a conference or a hearing are accepted at our Doylestown and Bristol locations.  It is strongly encouraged that ALL other payments be made by any of the following Payment Options.  Learn more about Paying Support.

How will I receive my support payments?

Support payments are paid via direct deposit into a bank account or loaded onto a stored value Debit MasterCard.  Learn more about Receiving Support.

How long will my child support order be in effect?

In most cases, a child support order in Pennsylvania terminates when a child has turned 18 AND has graduated from high school, whichever occurs last.  Any arrears that remain due after a child has emancipated continue to be collected until paid in full.

 Are translation or interpreter services available?

Yes, contact Domestic Relations at CSBucks@pacses.com or call 215-340-8068 for assistance.

How do I get reimbursed for the medical expenses that are included in my support order?

Print and complete the unreimbursed medical instructions, and complete the unreimbursed medical summary sheet, located HERE.

How can I check my balance or get recent payment information?

For balance or payment information, go to www.childsupport.state.pa.us or call PA SCDU at 1-877-727-7238.

How do I request enforcement of my case?

To request enforcement, complete the Client Request Form.

How do I request a copy of my order?

To request a copy of your order, complete the Client Request Form.

How do I request a payment history?

To request a payment history, complete the Client Request Form.

 I have a Domestic Relations Bench Warrant.  What should I do?

Contact our office immediately at (215) 348-6843.

How does paternity testing work?

Paternity testing is done by a buccal swab test.  Learn more about Paternity.

When there is family violence, can personal information be kept confidential?

Your personal information, such as your address, telephone number, and employer can be kept confidential from the other party.   Please contact Domestic Relations at CSBucks@pacses.com or call 215-340-8068 for additional information.

If you have, or you know someone who has, an active Domestic Relations Bench Warrant, you must call the Domestic Relations Warrant Unit at (215) 348-6843. Click here to view the Domestic Relations Top Ten Warrant List.

Bucks County Domestic Relations
Karen E. Winkler, Director

Phone: 215-340-8068
csbucks@pacses.com (please remember to include your nine-digit PACSES case number in the subject line)

Office Locations:

Doylestown: 100 N. Main Street, Doylestown, PA 18901

Bristol: 1240 Veterans Highway, #806, Bristol, PA 19007

Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:45 pm, Monday through Friday
**Domestic Relations Section has extended calling hours the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm**

For a printable Domestic Relations Information Brochure, please click here or call 215-340-8068.